The Mount Clemens Train Station was Built in 1859 and served the Community until 1954. It was purchased by the city in 1980 and then leased and restored by MTM. The depot is listed in the National Registry of Historic Places. Young Thomas Edison saved the Station agent`s Son from being run over by a rolling boxcar. In Appreciation, the Station agent taught Edison to operate the Telegraph. Some of his earliest Inventions were based on what he learned at the station.
|Michigan Transit Museum||